Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Love Is.....

Love is patient, 
love is kind.
 It does not envy,
 it does not boast,
 it is not proud. 
It does not dishonor others,
it is not self-seeking, 
it is not easily angered,
it keeps no record of wrongs. 
Love does not delight in evil
but rejoices with the truth.  
It always protects, 
always trusts, 
always hopes, 
always perseveres. 
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

Someone once encouraged me to put my name every place, in the above verse, that I saw the word LOVE. It was convicting then...convicting today. Now, as I look at this verse through the eyes of a mom, I realize I need to be praying daily for those character traits of LOVE mentioned above. I want to rightly represent who Christ is (LOVE) to my children who are intently watching all I do. 

Which of the above verses resonated most with you?

Is there a characteristic of love that you need to hone in on this week?

Pray. Christ longs to give us His Spirit and help if we will just reach out and grab the hem of His garment.


No comments:

Post a Comment