Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Do It Anyway!

"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the law? Jesus replied: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind." This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: "Love your neighbor as yourself." - Matthew 22:36-39

The last few weeks have been really rough dealing with people. Especially those close to me. I have been lied to, let down, and stolen from. All this at a really volatile time in my life. I really want to just write people off, be unforgiving and unmerciful!

"Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you." - Ephesians 4:32

However, I will not let my flesh lead me. I will choose to forgive. I will choose to show mercy.  And, I will choose to give grace, even though I know it will not be appreciated or even recognized by my offenders. God's word encourages us to "do it anyway"!

This poem has helped me in the past with this very thing. Please enjoy:

People are unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered. Love them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some false freinds and true enemies. Succeed anyway.

The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow. Be good anyway.

Honesty and frankness will make you vulnerable. Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight. Build anyway.

People need help, but may attack you if you try to help them. Help them anyway.

In the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them. . . anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment