Tuesday, February 26, 2013

OMT! Oh My Teen!!

When I am at my wits end, I get scatterbrained. I can't seem to gather my thoughts or words. Thank the Lord, these times are few and far between. I have a book of prayers I lean on at these times. I having one of those times! A day in the life of raising a teenager. Join me in praying for our teens and parents of teens. Pass this prayer on to any parent of a teen you know.

Heavenly Father, in the Name of Jesus, I affirm Your Word over my child. I delight myself in You according to Psalms 37:4 knowing that You will give me the desires of my heart. I commit _______ to You and affirm Your Word over him/her from Isaiah 54:13 that tells me my children shall be taught by the Lord and great shall be the peace of my children. I thank You that You deliver _______ out of rebellion into right relationship with me. Please give _______ an obedient spirit that he/she may honor me.

Father, forgive me for mistakes made out of my own unresolved hurts or selfishness, which may have caused _______ hurt. I ask full ant true repentance for the mistakes I have made in raising him/her.  Lord, please heal our broken hearts. Give us the ability to understand and forgive one another as You have forgiven us.

Father, I promise to train and teach _______ in the way that he/she may go, and when _____ is old he/she will not depart from sound doctrine and teaching, but will follow it all the days of his/her life. I refuse to provoke or irritate or belittle my _______. I will not require perfection lest he/she becomes discouraged, feeling inferior and frustrated. I forgive _______ for the wrongs he/she has done and stand in the gap until he/she begins to understand Your love and Your grace causing him/her to come out of the spirit of rebellion which is a snare of the enemy. (Ephesians 6:1-3)

Jesus, help us to know and understand that we must let You control difficult situations and always be mindful to trust You. Help us to remember always that our children have belonged to You from the beginning! We love You and thank You, In Jesus' Name, AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment