Sunday, February 17, 2013

Changes in Life Cause Me to Rely on Him

Lord Almighty,
    blessed is the one 
who trusts in you.
 - Psalm 84:12

We found it! Yep a house in Naples after many many hours online looking at places...we finally found it. The place we will call home for the next 12 months as we rent along the west coast of Florida. It's very exciting and very scary at the same time. After much prayer, the Lord finally lead us to the neighborhood of Naples Park. 

As we signed the lease on Friday, so many questions went through my mind as we drove back from Naples...
-where will all our stuff fit? 
-will we make friends?
-will we continue homeschool, go public, or do private?
-will I still see my parents a lot even though we live 2 hours away?

All of these WORRIES consumed my mind. Sitting down tonight to type my mind is brought back to the thought that ...the Lord will be with us WHEREVER we live and will hold our hands as we step into this new adventure. I need to lean into faith and let go of my fear. My God loves me and has the best plan for my life. Christ will be my best friend until I make new friends. HE will guide my feet as I walk into schooling decisions for next year. The Lord will help me treasure every moment I spend with my parents as they visit each weekend and serve in the children's ministry @ Calvary Chapel Naples. 

Anxiety can paralyze. I don't want to live in fear but soar in faith. I know the Lord is going to do something great, and I must trust and obey. Many more blogs to come with new and exciting news as we take on this new adventure in Naples. 

Praying HE allows me to live in faith not fear.

Are you living in faith or fear?

Ask Jesus to hold your hand as you step out of the boat and follow His calling :)

1 comment:

  1. Kate, I remember going to Costa Rica for a year and there was a Friend with me all that time...yes, Jesus. And He showed up so much more brightly each time I received a card/note in the mail from a friend... yes, you. I hope I, and others too can make a bright spot in your mailbox during at least your first year in Naples.

    ReplyDelete