Friday, February 8, 2013

“be more quiet now”

  As a momma now for almost 23 years, I expect to be taught (often) by our children.  The post below is no exception.  Our oldest, Michelle wrote this for her blog, Delightedblogspot.com to share what God is teaching her, little does she know, He is trying to teach me the same thing. May you too hear God's voice through her words and be encouraged!


A few days ago CH and I spent some time praying together. We have some open-ended questions right now and we simply asked God to show us his will and to continue to guide us.
As we were praying, the Holy Spirit taught me something in a split second. It was as if I was sitting down to coffee with an old friend, one who knows how to speak my language and put me in my place at the right time. He said...
"STOP LIVING LIKE YOU HOPE GOD SHOWS YOU HIS WILL. If you're a Christ-Follower (which I am) then you're already a part of his story. There is NO need to worry 'if he'll show you his will' or 'if you'll figure it out'. All you need to simply do is wait.
You can have full confidence he'll show you when he's ready."
I was cut to the core with the realization that I have spent too much of my life "hoping" I "figure out" God's plan. It's truly a lack of trust I didn't know I had. Sadly, I think this mindset is common (which is why I'm compelled to share this lesson with you). We as Christians sit around relying on ourselves to "figure" out God's desire for us. In reality God has promised to show us his will, we must simply trust and wait.
Wait? But how long? I'm not sure, but I know an answer is coming. In the meantime I can drink a big cup of coffee, enjoy married life, and say with confidence that I know Christ holds our future.
-Michelle
*the title of this post is a reference to a song by the David Crowder Band

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I know you are so proud of your daughter. I must confess that I too am often guilty of "hoping" I'll " figure out" God's will. It is so freeing to know I don't have to...I can just trust and wait. Thank you for sharing. Btw, how is your Dad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that God know's His will and none of it is a surprise. My Dad has been moved to a hospital where they do physical and occupational therapy. He is improving, but there seems to be questions about his new normal. Please continue to pray. Thank you for always having encouraging words!

    ReplyDelete