Saturday, February 23, 2013

Training, Training, and then MORE Training - Part 1


Blessed is the one
    who does not walk in step with the wicked
or stand in the way that sinners take
    or sit in the company of mockers,
but whose delight is in the law of the Lord,
    and who meditates on his law day and night. 

-Psalm 1:1-2 

Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. - Joshua 1:8

The godly walk with integrity; blessed are their children who follow them.

 - Proverbs 20:7

Over the past couple of weeks I have heard my 3 year old sing a Bible tune over and over again....

"God you are strong,
and I'm safe in your arms.
I'll be brave all day long."

There are motions and facial expressions that he does with it as well. He learned it at church and it blesses my heart each time I hear him sing it. His song sings aloud of the power of God and HIS peace. It reminds me daily how our kids are like sponges when they are young. They absorb it all. And they may even surprise you and sing right at the moment you need a little TRUTH revealed :)

A sweet friend gave us the Steve Green, "Hide 'Em In Your Heart" CD that is ALL scripture put to music. I love it. Many times I have heard my oldest singing scripture, we learned from that CD months earlier, because the tunes are so catchy :) It must bless the heart of God to hear us, His kids, reciting scripture out loud to others as well! 


What have you incorporated into your daily schedule to ensure your kids are meditating on & memorizing scripture?


Is the music genre you typically listen to, one that embraces TRUTH? If not, remember those little "sponges" are riding in the car right next to you, ready to recite the lines of that song with the "great beat."



No comments:

Post a Comment