Tuesday, February 5, 2013

He's Gotta Plan!

For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." - Jeremiah 29:11

This has been my life verse for quite a few years. About two years ago, I grounded my daughter from Facebook. To minimize the temptation to disobey, I changed her password to . . . you guessed it, Jere2911. After regainging here privledges, I gave her the password. What I didn't know until a year and a half later, that she had adopted it as her life's verse.

Now, I know that God has plans for ME. Plans that are good for ME, to give ME a future and ME a hope... says the Lord! I also knew that I had plans for my daughter. Plans that I thought were good for her, to give her a future and a hope... says the mommy.

Kiyah (my daughter) took her first missions trip to Mexico just weeks after adopting Jeremiah 29:11 as her life's verse.  About  6 months ago, she went on a local missions trip to Miami. After this trip, she shared with me how the Lord had really placed missions on her heart.

A few weeks ago, Kiyah felt called to Uganda. My first fleshly thought was, too much, too far and too soon. Of course when we don't want to do something we say, "pray about it." I was going away for a wedding and I told her we would discuss it when I got back. Well, upon my return, I asked her had she heard from God; secretly hoping she said, "No". She started out, "I thought about it, and well I decided that this trip wasn't for me..." (a big smile of relief forms from within, but I don't let it show) she continued, "... then I was on Facebook and my friend posted that if God is telling you to do something, then you should just do it! So, . . . I'm going!" What?!? What just happened here?!? God? You tricked me, You set me up!

After, praising Kiyah for listening to the Lord, I began to see how selfish my thoughts were. I asked for forgiveness and then was able to laugh at the method God used to convict me. Kiyah has now expressed a calling for full-time ministry after high school. This is when I realized that Jeremiah 29:11 did not just pertain to me. God has plans for KIYAH. Plans that are good for KIYAH, to give KIYAH a future and KIYAH a hope... says the LORD!! Hallelujah!!

I was given this advice about 15 years ago as a brand new mommy: Raise your children to be independent, and them let them. It's easier said than done!

Challenge: Pray over your child(ren) today. Pray God's will over their life and that you (mom) have the capacity to lay your pride aside, and let God have His way with them. In Jesus' name, AMEN!

Check out Kiyah's Uganda video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkFBEqGKih0

No comments:

Post a Comment