Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Ephesians 2:10


“For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” NIV 1984

So we (including our kids) are God’s workmanship/poema/masterpiece/work-of-art… Isn’t that AWESOME to think about?!!   We can wake up each day with amazing wonderment about what He has in store for us to do!!

A few weeks ago I was done with the crazy grocery shopping experience for that day and the kids and I were having fun going over the yellow bumps from the sidewalk leading down to the parking lot road.  Unbeknownst to me, one of my bags was ripping under my buggy.  It was so bumpy that I didn’t notice, but a lady walking to her car did.  She helped me get the items that had fallen through the bag on the bottom rung and smiled as she noticed my perspiration and said, “I had twins.” 

Who knows if this lady was a Christian or not, but she HELPED me and she was created in Christ Jesus to do good works… God prepared her in advance for that simple moment that could have meant a lot of frustration for me later if she hadn’t open her mouth or helped.  We were all created with this awesome opportunity AND responsibility to help other mommas.  Let’s do it in Jesus’ name.

Ask God each morning to, “Show me Your ways, O LORD; Teach me Your paths.  Lead me in Your truth and teach me, For You are the God of my salvation; On You I wait all the day.”  (Psalm 25:4-5)  Or whatever verse(s) you pray to start your day, ask God’s way and walk in it.  And don’t sweat it – He prepared you already so you don’t have to worry about if you are ready for what He’s going to bring to you today.  He prepared us to do good works and that is what we can do in His name for His glory.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment