Sunday, October 28, 2012

Breathe Words of Life

The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit. - Proverbs 18:21


This past weekend I was blessed with a free ticket to go to the Women of Faith conference in Fort Lauderdale. The great speakers and awesome worship were so refreshing for me after a long and exhausting week. I was thankful to sit, relax, and be restored by His Holy Spirit. 


My favorite part of the whole conference was a quote made by comedian Mark Lowry. In his comedy segment, we laughed as he shared how as a child he was wild and active. He tested his parents and teachers. I tuned in as he talked about his mom and what she was like. He explained how one sentence his parents said each night, as they tucked him into bed, was monumental in his life...

"Mark, we know God is going to do great things with your life."

This statement reminded me of Proverbs 18:21 (above) and how much power is in the words we speak to our children. Mark expressed how much his parents voice meant in his life, and how, at 54 years old, he still thinks about those words today. 



Our kids will believe who we say they are. They will believe who we say Jesus is. As we trust the Lord to do great things in the life of our children, we need to be sure to voice that to them as well. So as I tucked my son in tonight, I stated the same quote, as Mark's parents, to my son because I believe it's true. 

What does Proverbs 18:21 mean to you?

Do you believe the Lord has a great plan for your child? 

Breathe life into your child and share that with them today.




1 comment:

  1. Awesome Kate! I was there too and heard what Mark said about his momma. That is SOOO right what you said above - all of it!!! There are those times when my son or daughter will make a wrong choice but I try to make sure that when I speak to them about it I say, "I'm disappointed in the choice you made" NOT disappointed in them personally. We all love our kids no matter what. ...kinda like how God loves us SOOO much.

    ReplyDelete