Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Wait or Step

I have always struggled over when to wait on the Lord and when to step out in faith. When I'm waiting, I battle with what I'm supposed to be doing while I'm waiting and when I'm stepping, I battle with is God leading me or is my impatient flesh leading. The Bible clearly states that we are to do both.

"But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall ren and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

"Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my father promised." Acts 1:4

 "By faith Noah, being divinely warned of things not yet seen, moved with Godly fear, prepared an ark for the saving of his household, by which he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness which is according to faith." Hebrews 11: 7

"For she said to herself, 'If only I may touch His garment, I shall be made well.' But Jesus turned around, and when He saw her He said, 'Be of good cheer, daughter; your faith has made you well..." Matthew 9:21,22

In each case, the Lord was sought or He spoke. In my finite wisdom, I have resolved that I should seek Him in the waiting period through prayer and His word and hear from Him before stepping in faith. 

"So then, faith comes by hearing, and by hearing the Word of God." Romans 10:17

Prayer: Heavenly Father, Please help me to quiet the noise around me, that I may hear Your voice. Please provide the quiet time I need to get alone with you and have you direct my paths. Please sharpen my listening skills and to know my Father's voice. Help me to be patient in waiting and quick to move once I have heard from you. I love you! In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment