Thursday, October 11, 2012

1 Corinthians 13

Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn’t want what it doesn’t have.
Love doesn’t strut,
Doesn’t have a swelled head,
Doesn’t force itself on others,
Isn’t always “me first,”
Doesn’t fly off the handle,
Doesn’t keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn’t revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.


1 Corinthians 13:4-7 (MSG)

 

 Can I add “Mom” to each statement and have it still speak truth.  Let’s try a few…

 
Mom cares more for others than herself.

Mom doesn’t want what she doesn’t have.

Mom doesn’t fly off the handle. 

Mom doesn’t keep score of the sins of others. 

Mom puts up with anything. 

 
Lord, be with me today and help me to love my children the way you love yours.  Your desire is for me to become more like you.  I pray Lord that you would give me a greater love that puts others always before me.  As I grow more in you let this fruit of love be seen in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment