Wednesday, October 10, 2012

What Are you Waiting For?

What are you waiting for? Such a loaded question isn't it? It can challenge you to do something or to become defensive and do nothing. 

This question was posed to me but through a Bible study in church. It wasn't a direct question though. It was what the Spirit of God was asking me. The message was on Miracles. Right now, I'm waiting for one. Are you? Yours may be a miracle of a job or in your marriage. It may be a miracle in your disobedient child. It may be a miracle in your health or a break through in a sin you've been struggling with for years. Whatever that miracle is you've been waiting for, what are you doing about it?
 

The Pastor who was teaching said we have to be the one to take steps to get the answers to get that miracle. For example, my miracle I'm waiting for is in a health condition I've been struggling with for a few months. I can't just sit back and pray about it, and expect God to just give me a miracle- sometimes that miracle comes through the wisdom of a Doctor. So, the first step is seeking medical help, a doctor. That's where I am. So, if your miracle that you're waiting for is a healing in your marriage, maybe it's seeking out Godly marital counseling? If your miracle is with your disobedient child and it's been an ongoing battle, seek out some parenting advice and counsel from Godly people with parenting classes through your church. Whatever the miracle is that you need, pray and do something. What are you waiting for?

" Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12


No comments:

Post a Comment