Monday, October 22, 2012

BEING a MOM is JUST SO HARD


Rejoice in hope, 
be patient in tribulation, 
be constant in prayer
- Romans 12:12

REJOICE IN HOPE
As I struggled this week in many areas of my life I was reminded in scripture where my HOPE comes from. It is not my situation that determines it. It is not conditional. My hope is not based on my finances or how "well" my children behave. Christ died so my HOPE could be and remain constant. The Lord reminded me that people (even our beautiful little children) will fail us, because they are sinners too! But Christ will never fail me. Many mornings this week I hungered for encouragement and HE met me as I opened the word of God.

BE PATIENT IN TRIBULATION
Tribulation is defined as "a cause/state of great trouble or suffering." As moms, sometimes it can feel like we are in a 
state of great suffering, right? Romans 12:12 reminds me 
that I should be patient in those trying times. I must trust HE has a plan and will build my character as the heat is
turned up in my life. It is in the furnace that many observe 
and inquire about our hope giving way to ministry opportunities. A guest speaker at church recently said that we are always in 
one of three places as we walk through life (1) IN THE FIRE 
(2) COMING OUT OF THE FIRE (3) GOING INTO THE 
FIRE. Isn't that so true for the life of a Christian mom? But 
be encouraged it is not forever. Heaven is such a beautiful 
plan and many days I long to be there because of the crazy 
experienced here on earth.

BE CONSTANT IN PRAYER
Much help we can access if we will reach out with our voices and hearts in prayer to the one will all the power. Many times we go through our day, many tasks on our list, many mouths
to feed and hearts to train and yet we forget to ask the Lord  
for help. Christ wants us to ask the HELPER, the HOLY 
SPIRIT, to empower us to do the things that we cannot on 
our own. Showing love to those who have spit in our face, 
forgiving those hurtful words said, and loving the unlovable. 
Today was one of those days I failed miserably to call on 
the name of Jesus in the midst of chaos with my kids. I need to
put sticky notes up with the word "PRAY" on it as a reminder
to seek Him out when I want to throw in the towel. I need to 
be constant in prayer when I want to give up. Instead of 
checking my email I need to get on my knees ask seek His 
face (Psalm 105:4) continually. Even as I type this I
reminded of how much help I need in this area.

Of the above three (paragraph titles), which do you need 
most help with? 

Ask Him for help!

No comments:

Post a Comment