Saturday, October 20, 2012

GOTTA LOVE THE iPHONE!

See, I am doing a new thing! 
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? 
I am making a way in the desert 
and streams in the wasteland.
 - Isaiah 43:19

It was a few weeks ago I received my very first smart phone. The iPhone 4S. I was immediately in love with the games for the kids,  educational apps for homescholing, Bible app for me, daily alarm reminders, and a plethora of other great tools too! 


I was doing my normal routine a few days later when I noticed my older son making silly faces towards my phone and I assumed he was taking pictures. Fifteen minutes later he called me over to watch the reel he had prepared for me. Except it was not only pictures but video as well!!

As I watched my son's video creation I was blessed to hear him talk of "God's love" and "His creation" and my heart began to wonder what else he caught on video. *Side note*The Lord has been reminding me not to be led by my emotions causing me to yell at the kids when frustrated. To be honest it is something I daily struggle with but with His help I am getting better.  As I watched I was pleasantly surprised that in the background my voice was very calm and I wasn't frustrated...PRAISE GOD! This got me thinking..."What if my days were recorded on video for me to play back and watch later?" Would I be embarrassed? Would I praise God?  If I knew I was being recorded each day would it change the way I behave? 


This gave me a great idea...why not keep a record, on a spiral, the "highs" and "lows" of my days. In doing this it will remind me of what to praise Jesus for (highs) and those things I need prayer for (lows). It can be things about parenting, marriage, and life. 

Do you journal? Why not start now?

Allow the frustrations of the day to be the points that bring you closer with your Creator. 

Remember to praise the Lord for the good that happened within your day too!

For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.
- 2 Chronicles 16:9



1 comment:

  1. I love this post,Kate! It is such a great reminder to check ourselves and control the way we respond to our kids' behavior. God has been working on me in this area. I also like your idea about journaling the highs and the lows of each day so we know what to praise God for and pray for specifically. Great job, my friend!

    ReplyDelete