Friday, September 21, 2012

Empty Nest...Really???


This will happen to you…

You get married.

You become a mom.

You have another, or adopt two more. However, God plans it, your family grows.

And they grow and grow some more.

You deal with diaper rash and vaccinations.  You choose schools and cry when they leave or cry if they stay home.

One moment you are tying shoes, and the next moment, you’re teaching them to drive.

And then you…

Have an empty nest??

How did this happen? I mean, I guess I considered where this was headed, but now? Really?

With one child married and another off to college, we only have one at home.

What’s a mom to do?  Where did the time go? Was I a good steward of our time?


I really want it back.  I want the time back.  I want to do a better job.  No, I really don’t want to digress to diapers and training wheels and school decisions.  I want “them” back.

My babies!!

How much more, God wants us back.  Away from the world and its entrapments. Looking only into His eyes.  Enamored by Him.  Letting Him care for us.  Giving Him control. He wants to be the center.  He deserves complete control. I think this was some of what Jesus was communicating when He told us to “Remain in Him” from John 15.

In fact even while I am physically away from Our Heavenly Father, I can practice abiding, remaining in Him.

As I sort this place in my Mommy heart with my “babies” grown and gone,  I will reveal in the fact I can choose to remain in Him, by relying on Him.  Trusting Him.  He can have me “back” all the time I choose to remain in Him.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks Joannie, I never thought of it that way. How it must break His heart to be away from us. Heart wrenching really! I will be praying for you through these times <3 Good thing you have Him to fill your void. xoxo Give Hope a hug for us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful picture of God's love and desire for us. Thank you Joannie:)

    ReplyDelete