Monday, September 17, 2012

Your Love Never Fails


Have you ever felt tired, overwhelmed, or frustrated as a Mom? Have you ever felt like you just needed a break? Have you ever felt like a friend or loved one disappointed you? Have you ever been the one to disappoint someone else for whom you cared deeply? I have felt all of these things and more. Yet what constantly amazes me is that God’s word declares, “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.” Hebrews 13:8

I am so glad that we serve a constant and faithful God. His word also declares that God “does not change like shifting shadows”. James 1:17 He is always faithful, true, and right in whatever he does. He does not change his mind on a whim—He keeps his promises.

Lately, as a woman (a very pregnant woman) I have been struggling with a whirlwind of emotions. I think some of the things I feel are just because of my personality—I am naturally sensitive. Other emotions are caused by those around me, and the things they say or do (or don’t do) that hurt or agitate me. Other times, I just feel plain old hormonal. Yet I was brought to tears yesterday at church when I was reminded of the faithfulness and consistency of our God.

Fellow mom, our children often face the same whirlwind of emotions that we do. Have you ever felt so proud of your child one moment and completed shocked at their behavior the next? Psychological studies actual state that kindergarten age children and middle school age children are often very similar because they are both going through drastic developmental changes (emotionally, physically, and mentally). I don’t know about you, but that is a lot of hormones for one house!  So, what do we need to do when we are having one of those moments (or days or weeks)?  We need to fix our gaze on the one, true, constant God that never changes. We need to help our children do the same.

Here are the lyrics of the song that brought me to tears:

“One Thing Remains”

Higher than the mountains that I face
Stronger than the power of the grave
constant in the trial and the change

One thing remains

Your love never fails
It never gives up
It never runs out on me

Because on and on and on and on it goes
It overwhelms and satisfies my soul
And I'll never, ever, have to be afraid

One thing remains

In death
In life
I'm confident and covered by the Power of Your great love

My dept is paid
There’s nothing that can separate
My heart from Your great love

Your love never fails
It never gives up
It never runs out on me

Prayer:

God you are so good and faithful and true. Your love flows without end, and it never gives up on us. When we are tempted as Moms to feel like running away, please hold us tight and bring us back to you. When we are tired, please be our strength. When we are hurt, be our comforter. When we feel overwhelmed, remind us to pray and fix our eyes on you. We love you Lord, but thank you for your constant and perfect love that sought us out first. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.

 

Click here to listen to the song on youtube:


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment