Sunday, September 2, 2012


DO YOU HAVE THE TIME?

Hebrews 10:24-25
and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more, as you see the day drawing near.

               I have a tendency to isolate. I don’t think I do it on purpose but when life gets busy I tend to put my head down and push through. I thank God that I have understanding friends, Godly women, that continue to text, call, and try to spend time with me. Sometimes I feel that if it weren’t for their perseverance I would isolate myself to my life and my family and not receive all that God wants me to learn. As women we are relational, we thrive on relationships. I can read books, hear sermons, and even do my own Bible study’s but I have found that when I spend time with other Godly ladies the Lord reveals Himself in ways that I never imagined. Hearing their stories, the way they do life, and the faith they have spurs me on to be a better daughter to our Heavenly Father. I come home with a new perspective and a renewed spirit!
Proverbs 13:20
He who walks with wise men will be wise, But the companion of fools will suffer harm.

               I praise God daily for the Godly friends He has placed in my life. I pray for Him to remind me when I become so focused on my “things” to reach out and spend time with the ladies that “spur me on” to be a better mom, wife, and Christian. When you spend time in fellowship and are transparent you develop a unity with other women that can’t be expressed into words. I know I am not doing life by myself. I have a group that is praying for me, listening to me, and supporting me. They point out when I am off in my thoughts and deeds, and they love on me through the trials. It’s an amazing thing.

Philippians 2:1-2
If therefore there is any encouragement in Christ, if there is any consolation of love, if there is any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and compassion, make my joy complete by being of the same mind, maintaining the same love, united in spirit, intent on one purpose.
               My encouragement for you today is to find a group of ladies to do a Bible study with. Build relationships, be transparent, pray for the Lord to send you these ladies and pray for them. Do life together and I guarantee you will be blessed!
Heavenly Father, I thank you for hearing my prayers so long ago and sending me these amazing Godly women. Lord, help me to carve out time for fellowship. Help me to open up and be transparent with these ladies and to absorb all that you have for me. Guide me to be an encouragement to them and to listen wholeheartedly with love and gentleness. You are an amazing Dad who always provides what we need when we need it. Thank you! Amen.



1 comment:

  1. I REALLY needed to hear this! I was called upon this weekend to BE the friend, I claim to be. I had other 'things' to do but was able to let go of my lists and 'love my neighbor'! =)

    ReplyDelete