Sunday, September 16, 2012

JEHOVAH JIREH


Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? - Matthew 6:26

As a mom, some weeks can seem so mundane and then other weeks the Lord will teach me many lessons all at once.  This past week was the latter. It started as my husband's old car was "going" and we began praying for a new one. Simultaneously,  my parents were looking for a new car, and getting rid of their old truck.  And in comes... the blessing of God. We got their old truck just at the right time.

Jehovah Jireh, God my provider, had the timing align so perfect that as we were in need HE had someone else step up to meet it. Sometimes we are afraid to ask the Lord for things because we think it is such a huge request. But I want to tell you to step out, ask, watch and be blown away at how the Lord supernaturally provides for you.

It was five years ago I became a stay-at-home mom. It was definitely a challenge to go from two incomes to one, but it has been the most amazing time of our lives. We have seen miracles. Yep. Each time we pray and He meets the need, I am reminded that HE still does miracles today. 

SO what is your "miracle"? What is that thing you are in need of? 


Have you prayed about it? Have you laid it at His feet and trusted in His wisdom?




The Lord is not a geenie, but He is a father that loves you and wants to help you along in this journey of life. There have been times I have prayed and had to wait or it hasn't been the right time. Then there have been times the answer is no, but that is where trust comes in. I must believe HE knows best and can see what is up ahead when my vision is limited to today.   

"for he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things."
 - Psalm 107:9

Pray. Trust. Believe. Ask. Knock. Praise Him for the NOW. Seek Him for the future.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Kate! The Holy Spirit has been reminding me of this scripture again and again as I go through a season of financial difficulty. My faith gets shakened because I strive to be a good steward. This was very comforting to me. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kate! The Holy Spirit has been reminding me of this scripture again and again as I go through a season of financial difficulty. My faith gets shakened because I strive to be a good steward. This was very comforting to me. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen, Kate! Thank you for the reminder and for sharing your God story with us!

    ReplyDelete