Saturday, March 23, 2013

Learning Lessons the Hard Way

No discipline
seems pleasant at the time,
 but painful.
 Later on, however, 
it produces a harvest 
of righteousness and peace 
for those who 
have been trained by it. 
- Hebrews 12:11

It was a week ago that I shared the happy news that our family moved over to beautiful Naples, Florida. We are loving it here. The house (even though I thought it was too small at first), the neighborhood, the new friends, the parks, the beaches, and many other reasons as well. 

My husband and I have adjusted quite well, but my boys have been acting out as they are getting acclimated to our new life. It has been trying and I have cried, many days feeling helpless. It has been draining to see my son try my patience as he has disobeyed, what seems like, everything I say. Many times my emotions got the best of me and I said things that I later apologized for. 

A few days ago I got it: REVELATION from the LORD. I have a choice each moment in my parenting frustration. Either I can speak out in the midst of my raw emotion with frustration or choose to pause, breath, and reach out to pray with and for my child. 

I decided that I would allow moments of frustration in parenting to be an opportunity for prayer with my child. I want my children to look back and think about how their mom prayed in times of crazy instead of remembering me yelling  out about the disappointment. This revelation was an eye opener and one I pray you will try as well. 

Pray with your kids. On those days you are feeling overwhelmed as your kids try you at every level...stop and pray with them. Let them see you vulnerable and asking Christ for help. 

Allow trials (as exhausting as they may be) during your day to bring you to your knees, together, with your little ones and allow them to see your dependence on the One who gives you supernatural mommy strength. Pray out loud and praise Him for your kids (that drive you to a closer relationship with the Savior).

What is Jesus saying to you through this blog?

What do you think the Lord wants you to do about it?


No comments:

Post a Comment