Saturday, March 16, 2013

Body of Christ Stepping In

They are always 
generous and lend freely; 
their children 
will be a blessing.
 - Psalm 37:26

Last weekend we moved over across Florida to our new home in Naples. It was a crazy chaotic time but such a beautiful experience.  Each time we move (We have moved 3 times since being married!) I am reminded of how the family of Christ exhibits such sacrifice just like Jesus. 

Some packed, some loaded the heavy into the U-Haul, some babysat my kids, some cleaned and wiped down EVERY surface and area in my home, and some prayed for us as we maneuvered through it all. We had one team loading the truck, and another team at our new home, 2 hours away, ready to unload. There were friends blessing us with "going away" gifts and then acquaintances giving us exactly what we had prayed for down to specific details. What an awesome God we serve! 


The whole experience is one my kids will always remember. They saw others serving our family because there was only so much our hands alone could do. I am humbled and grateful. I want my family to be one that looks like that. But that requires sacrifice. I can be selfish, looking out only for us at times. 

Daily, in prayer, I need to seek His face and ask that the Holy Spirit would lead my clan to serve others for Christ. My desire is that I would have eyes open wide for those opportunities and a heart ready to obey the call when it's given. It is a beautiful thing to observe and one that will be repeated by our little ones as they mimic our lives :)

How is your family doing in the area of "serving others?"

What family do you see loving God and loving others faithfully?

Pray for opportunities to serve and keep your eyes open as He will provide the way.







2 comments:

  1. Your family is a great example to others in this area too my friend! Love and miss you! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family is a great example to others in this area too my friend! Love and miss you! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete