Saturday, March 2, 2013

Have Compassion & They Will Follow

Jesus had compassion on them 
and touched their eyes. 
Immediately 
they received their sight 
and followed him
- Matthew 20:34

I'm reading Matthew 20 this week in my quiet time and the Lord has challenged me to walk it out with my kids. Many times we can read the Word, feel the Holy Spirit challenging us, and we may ignore the nudge and keep doing the mundane things of life. 

I want to obey and lead a full and bright life for Christ. My goal as a mommy is to lead my children in that direction too.  So as I read Matthew 20 verse 34 I was encouraged to: 
(1) have compassion AND
(2) touch 
the LOST 
then they will 
(3) receive sight AND
(4) follow Him

So....what's my plan? To start serving with my kids on a regular basis. Find a place that is "kid-friendly," make it my "mission" field, and allow the Holy Spirit each week to use us. I want our hands and feet to be  outstretched, ready to love others, in Jesus' name. 

The Bible says, in Matthew 20:34, that as Jesus had compassion and touched the "blind" that they received sight and followed Him. My prayer is that those words are said of my family. 

What is God saying to you through this blog?

What are you going to do about it?

Who can you share that idea with?


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Kate! You already do such an amazing job at that!:-)

    ReplyDelete