Thursday, March 28, 2013

He Takes the Ugly and Makes It Beautiful

I've got all these plans piled up sky high
A thousand dreams on hold
And I don't know why,
I got a front row seat
To the longest wait
And I just can't see
Past the things I pray
Today

But when I fix my eyes on all that You are
Then every doubt I feel
Deep in my heart
Grows strangely dim
All my worries fade
And fall to the ground
Cause when I seek Your face
And don't look around
Any place I'm in
Grows strangely dim


 
This is just a portion of this beautiful song my daughter had me listen to awhile back.  She told me that when she listened to it she was encouraged and reminded that she needs to focus on Jesus and not on the things in the world around her that she doesn’t understand or that scare her.  What a sweet reminder from the mouth of an eleven year old. 

I love it when I see God at work in the hearts of my children.  This last year has been an extremely difficult year for my children.  Our journey has been rough but I have seen God do amazing things in their hearts.  When I look at the way they handle each new situation that life throws at them I see a calm obedience to their Heavenly Father.  When we talk of the future and how God will use every tear they have shed for good I see a spark of hope in their eyes.  When they see how they will be able to minister to other children who are where they are now excitement starts stirring in their blood. 

Just like me they have had to learn to focused on Christ and let everything else around them grow “Strangely Dim.”  Is my heart sad because they have had some hard things?  Yes, of course, but my heart is overjoyed that in those hard things they are learning to focus on the One who can make all hard times peaceful and fruitful.  They are learning to live with endurance and patience.  The One who fortifies is strengthening them.  What a blessing! 

Our challenges are not just for us.  God uses them to mold and shape the hearts of the little ones walking right next to us.  It is amazing how God takes the ugly and makes it beautiful.  
 

“Consider Him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.”  Hebrews 12:3
 

“Now my soul is troubled, and what shall I say?  Father, save me from this hour?  No, it was for this very reason I came to this hour.  Father, glorify your name!”  John 12:27-28

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment