Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Our Tragedy...HIS Triumph

We wait in hope for the Lord;
he is our help and our shield.
In him our hearts rejoice,
for we trust in his holy name.
May your unfailing love be with us, Lord,
even as we put our hope in you.
-Psalm 33:20-22

It's been a long year. We have had many tests, many questions with little answers, a lot of exhaustion and have raised our hands in prayer more days than not. Having a child with special needs is a struggle. A struggle which has taught me daily of the ugly in my own heart that God is working on. It produces a work HE wants to do through me as I share my testimony and story with others. It is my life. It is HIS story my heart hopes to share.

Today was a great day! Our insurance approved us for therapy for my son. What a blessing and I am thrilled to get some help and move forward.  I spoke with Marisol, a counselor from the center we will be receiving therapy from each week,  and she shared how her son had similar struggles. 

I was able to share with her all that God is doing in my life as I trust in His sovereign hand. My situation. My struggles. My children. My life. My HOPE giver. My Helper.  It was such a blessing and I felt uplifted as I encouraged her. Reminding her of truth. 

God is behind the scenes in our life. Our tragedy is His triumph. As we share about His goodness even in our crazy, it gives way for ministry opportunities. People are hungry. People are listening. We have a story to tell. We give glory to Him. 

Share with someone today about how HE took your tragedy and made it a triumph. Watch as HE uses your crazy to encourage another.  

No comments:

Post a Comment