Saturday, November 2, 2013

I Call, I Cry Out, and ...HE Hears

As for me, I call to God,
    and the Lord saves me. 
  Evening, morning and noon
    I cry out in distress,
    and he hears my voice.
 - Psalm 55:16-17

I read this in my devotion this morning and found great comfort. The Lord is into the small details of my life (Psalm 37:23) and knew it would refresh my soul. A simple truth jumped out...

I  must CALL

and

I must CRY OUT

and He promises to
 
HEAR MY VOICE 

So many times my first instinct, in times of crazy, is to call a friend instead of calling my Creator. My heart wants to flesh out by spewing my issues with hopes of feeling better, when I know deep down it is His Voice that I need to hear. 


Today was a great example of that. My kids had meltdowns at a park and as I drove home I felt hopeless. Exhausted and feeling overwhelmed, I called my husband and let out a gush, full of detail, about my experience of embarrassment as my kids misbehaved. Through tears and frustration my kids, in the backseat, listened as I "shared" with my husband.


I want my first call to be to Jesus. My Creator. My Maker. My Savior. My Peace. My Calm. It takes training, like anything in life, and discipline to create a habit. I am setting a goal to go to Jesus first in those times of utter crazy and He promises to hear my voice. After all, it is Him who will change my heart and my kids' behavior as well. Will you join me in this goal?

Do you need to call out to Him today?

Have you cried out to Him about those unnerving things in your life? 

He hears. He knows you. He has a plan.  He loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment