Sunday, November 10, 2013

Mirror Mirror

 
 In "The Art of Sensitive Parenting," Katherine C. Kersey wrote: "Children come into the world not knowing who they are. They learn who they are from those around them. You are a mirror your child looks into everyday, and you reflect back to her what she will come to believe about herself. These reflections are like snapshots of herself that she pastes into an imaginary photo album, laying the foundation of her identity."
Beautiful. True. Convicting. Compelling. Challenging. Much was said to my heart, as I read the above quote, this morning in my quiet time. I want to make deposits of great worth into my children and how I see them. But more importantly how HE sees them.
What did God say to you through this quote?
What do you think HE wants you to do about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment