Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Give Thanks


“Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”  -- 1 Thessalonians 5:18 NIV

I’m thankful to God for my mom.  She is…amazing.  Other words that describe her are: SELF-LESS, servant, caring, tenderhearted, courageous, motivated, sweet, patient, confident, loyal, organized, ready, and yes, thankful.  This month on her birthday she found out that her brother passed away.  She amazed me because she was thankful it was on her birthday and not the next day which was her brother’s son’s birthday.  –how thoughtful.  A couple days later she flew from FL to NY to attend the funeral then took a couple days to visit with good friends she hadn’t seen in a while.  She was a blessing to them, a blessing to our family, and a sweet smelling aroma to God (I’m sure). 

Are you thankful for anyone?  Maybe your mom would be blessed to hear you say “Thanks for all you do, mom!”  Actually, the other day our 3 ½ year old Matthew ran into the room where I was working on the computer and with a huge smile belted out, “Thanks for all you do mom!”  And then in his cuteness came back and said it again.  I sat there with my mouth open in awe! 

(I printed off a bunch of Thanks-giving verse cards that I found at http://joyfulthriftyhome.com/.)

Let’s give thanks to our Father in heaven.  Maybe you’d like to print off those verses that talk about being thankful too.  To God be the glory!  Isn’t that what the first Thanksgiving was all about anyway – being thankful to God for providing, protecting, guiding and dying on the cross for our sins?! 

1 comment:

  1. Love this! I'll be sure to thank those around me who have blessed me...and be sure to thank God for them in my life. Great reminder!

    ReplyDelete