Thursday, November 7, 2013

A good work

The other day I was bombarded with expectations others had on me and it really began to weigh on me. I was asking God to show me truth about myself and to purify me wherever I had sinned. Because some of those disappointments people had in me revealed areas I really do need change in, heaviness began to descend on me. After praying on it for awhile, I realized those areas need healing that happens over time, something God has been faithful to provide so far. Each year I feel I’m healed just a little bit more and freed up to love a little better. But I’m obviously not changing fast enough and my sadness began to deepen. I began to wonder how the Lord puts up with me, and humanity as a whole. I mean how He continues to delight us with His presence all the while knowing the truth about us and the sins that linger. My reading for that day brought me the answers that changed everything.

"For both He who sanctifies and those who are being sanctified are all of one, for which reason He is not ashamed to call them brethren” Heb.2;11
And again:
“Here am I and the children whom God has given Me.” v 13

I could almost literally feel the darkness flee as Gods truth hit my brain and settled the matter. He loves me! I kept reading on.

"For every house is built by someone, but He who built all things is God” Heb.3:4
 but Christ as a Son over His own house, whose house we are if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm to the end." v 6

After this follows a warning against not believing this truth about how God feels about us.

“Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God”( v 12) “For we have become partakers of Christ if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end” (v 14)

What is that confidence He’s telling me twice in this passage to hold fast to? Is it not that I am His, no matter what! That I am in the process of being sanctified, I am His child and He is the master over His house, which I am residing in. It’s Christ in me that is the hope of future glory. I am so thankful for His truth that kept me from condemnation. When others or even I myself get impatient with me, God never does. His word is filled with promises of future glory that will some day replace all the disappointments.

“He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ Phil 1:6

1 comment:

  1. Amen, Maggie! Love this reminder of the process of sanctification...and HIS constant love through it all! :)

    ReplyDelete