Monday, November 18, 2013

Fruit, Wonderful Fruit

I read my devotional the other day and started to put pieces together of what God has been showing me.  It’s a charge for our whole family to dwell in a part of Scripture.  This has been confirmed in conversations I’ve had with my husband, conversations with the kids, things I’ve read in the book I’ve been reading (for what seems like for YEARS!) and even confirmed from the pulpit yesterday!  They have all been pointing to the same thing – the fruit of the Spirit. 

Galatians 5:22-23

“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.  Against such there is no law.”

I had this vision that our family would practice a certain fruit of the Spirit each week (or so) and at the end we would be complete and wonderful… it was more like a dream.  Let’s face it momma, we need the fruit of the Spirit deep within us sprouting out daily so we can exemplify that to our kids!  Many times I fail but in those moments when I take the high road and practice the fruit of the Spirit in my mothering, the outcome to any situation is so much better.

I presented my idea to my husband and he added that we should use literal fruit.  Fun idea!  So we will go on this ride of PRACTICING the fruit and asking the Lord to GROW the fruit in us all so we see LASTING fruit!

Take this challenge from my devotional reading into your life today: “What about your life?  Are you hearing a word from God, immediately obeying Him, and experiencing God working through your life each day?” – Called & Accountable 52-Week Devotional.  Blackaby.

No comments:

Post a Comment