Friday, November 16, 2012

Your Next Five...Friends!


James 1: 17 "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the Heavenly lights, who does not change like the shifting shadows."

Last week I told you I had all intentions on taking Julie Andrews place on Broadway.

I have now decided an audition is just not right. Instead, I will sing, “My Favorite Things” to the top of my lungs, not for man's approval but as a Praise Fest to the Lord!

My next five things to be thankful for are; friends! Five friends (or groups of friends)who have loved and ministered to me during a host of different times and seasons of my life.

1.    My childhood best friend.  This friend endured my playing with Barbies and baby dolls while she was playing her banjo and looking for a game of flag football.  I saw her as my role model because she was beautiful and smart and I so love her family.  What I most appreciate about this friend is she told me about Jesus and prayed with me to receive Christ.
   2.    My best friend.  She has walked with me through every stage of pregnancy, ministry, moves and life.
   3.    The women I serve with at Church.  It’s always more fun to serve with someone you laugh with than to serve without relationship.
   4.    The Angel.  She is certainly sent directly from the Lord.  She makes life easy and fun.  She hears what I am not saying and validates who I am.
5.    The peps.  The friends who understand. Who let me be me. Those who are flexible and respect me and my schedule.

It is hard to stop the praise with just five (even when it represents so many.) 
I encourage you to praise privately in your time with Lord, but never neglect to praise publicly.   Allow your children to see your enthusiasm for the hand of the Lord.  Whether you have taken the Thanksgiving Challenge from last week or the beautiful "Gratitude Journal" as a part of your tradition, always allow your children to hear you say "Thank you!" to the Lord.

My question today is who are the five people you are thankful for?  Have you told them lately that you are thankful for them? Do your children know you are thankful for your friends? Most importantly tell the Lord Jesus you are thankful for them!


No comments:

Post a Comment