Friday, November 9, 2012

The Thanksgiving Challenge


At ten years old, I was sure I would take Julie Andrew’s place as Maria Von Trapp in the Broadway production of “The Sound of Music.”  In order to accomplish this lofty goal I had to practice.  My teenaged neighbor played the guitar and had the sheet music.  I nailed down a couple of the songs, like “Doe a Deer” and of course the dramatic opener, “The Sound of Music.”

Google Image

However, a particular favorite was, “My Favorite Things.”  This song listed Maria and the children’s favorite things.  In order to make this post a reasonable length, I will limit my list of my favorite things.

Our oldest on her blog, (http://delightedblog.wordpress.com) inspired me to list just five things I’m thankful for.  So as not to be to overly spiritual, here are my five:

 1.     I am thankful for the weather of Florida!  Anytime of the year, anytime of the day.  With heat or with rain…there is just something about it that makes me say, “I live in a post card!”
2.     I am thankful to have my parents and my in-laws.  When I consider the health challenges they have each faced, I realize God has a plan for their lives, which includes the blessing they are to me!
3.     I am thankful God has blessed me with a really neat husband, three "over the top" children and a wonderful son in law too!
4.     I am thankful I am in a free country, where I can daily hold God’s Word and attend the incredible church I call home.
5.     I am thankful I know Jesus. I am thankful He loves me and that He has forgiven me.

Now it’s your turn.  Do you have five things to be thankful for?  How about your children?  Encourage your little ones to say, “Thank you” to the Lord Jesus for five things.  Make it fun and sing your list to the tune of “My Favorite Things!”

No comments:

Post a Comment