Saturday, November 3, 2012

SEE the TRAIN in the TRAFFIC

Every good and perfect gift is from above, 
coming down from the Father 
of the heavenly lights, 
who does not change 
like shifting shadows.
 - James 1:17


Today my oldest son experienced the presence of his Heavenly Father. This encounter showed him how God is into the small details of his life that bring great joy. We were on our way to a Bible study, quite a bit away from our home, when we got stuck in a traffic jam on I-95. I continued to watch the time wondering if I would be late in meeting up with friends. 

When things aren't working out 
as you wish, 
be patient. 
Stop trying 
to move ahead of God. 
His timing is perfect. 
Trust Him.
  -unknown



At the perfect moment, at a standstill, my son turned his head and was ecstatic to see the Tri-Rail, a huge train, pass by the highway. This led to a great conversation! 

I explained how the Lord knew how much my son LOVES trains and had us stopped at just the right time so we could see it. What a blessing! What a gift! It reminded me to praise God for being such a great Father. He is into the small details of our life and delights in blessing us. 

Today's train reminded me of our perfect Heavenly Father with perfect timing that sometimes my finite mind can't understand. I want my timing but if I am patient the Lord will far exceed my expectations. I saw a traffic jam but God saw a blessing he had been planning for my son. A sweet blessing that touched more than just my son.


What was your "traffic jam" moment today?


You have one. Think for a moment mom, and look for one unexpected way HE blessed you today.


Your heavenly Father is into the small details of your life. 

The Lord directs the steps of the godly. 
He delights in every detail of their lives.
-Psalm 37:23-


Every good gift is from Him. God loves you so much! 


Don't miss those moments He causes you to slow down in order to see the "train" in the "traffic." 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this Kate!! You did a great job allowing your little man to "see" the train. I think I've been guilty of not allowing our kids to see the train because I was too busy whining about the traffic!! You are a super great Mommy!! Praying for ya'll!

    ReplyDelete