Friday, June 29, 2012

What If?


        How often have you asked, "What if?" or “What’s does my future hold?”  I stand amazed at how God’s Word is living and active.  I HAVE read God’s Word through numerous times…and yet some times I look at His Words and I’m sure I’ve never seen it before.  This week was no exception.

         I was challenged to place two chapters side by side and compare their differences.  Particularly, to find the verses I could claim for my family this week.

         The two chapters were Edom’s future in Isaiah 34 and Israel’s future in Isaiah 35.  I chose Isaiah 35: 3 and 4. 

Strengthen the feeble hands,
Steady the knees that give way;
Say to those with fearful hearts,
“Be strong
do not fear;
your God will come, He will come with vengeance;
with divine retribution
He will come to save you.”

         I have needed these verses to encourage our oldest.  My beautiful bride daughter has been facing the reality of stress in the work place.  She is such a thinker. She can’t seem to shake the “What if?” question.

         I know (and she knows) that God will provide all she needs to glorify Him in her work place.  These verses were the reminder that she need not worry or fear, rather she can commit her hands, her knees and her heart to Gods’ ability to be strong, be present, to respond with vengeance and He will save her.

         God’s Word far exceeds my ability to parent.  I have found the ultimate parenting skills in His Word.  My challenge to you is the same as I received earlier this week.  Place Isaiah 34 and 35 beside one another and compare Edom and Israel’s future then find the verse(s) you can claim for your family this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment