Sunday, June 3, 2012


PRECIOUS MOMENTS

                                          Psalm 46:10 “Be still and know that I am God”

     I came home from work last night to my mom asking to take the girls for the weekend. After having just worked 13 hours I didn’t have to think long before giving her a yes answer. My husband was working the next day and he does 24 hour shifts so it was just going to be my 2 year old son and me. I thought about all I could accomplish tomorrow with only one child by my side before quickly falling asleep.

     When the morning came it occurred to me that I couldn’t remember the last time my son and I had been able to be alone together, if fact, sadly I am not sure there has been a time? His 2 sisters are usually here and my husband but today it seemed God had carved out a special day for he and I to spend together. Isn’t it amazing how the Lord knows exactly what we need! I know we have many things that have to be done but I chose to make this a special day, to put the chores and errands aside and just spend the day getting to know him more.

     We started our day with breakfast, then reading books. He decided he wanted to play musical instruments so we were a 2 man marching band in the living room for a while. I asked him what he would like to do and he chose to go to the park to play soccer and ride bikes so that’s what we did. I took him out to lunch then home for a nap. We ate dinner together then watched, “Honey I Shrunk the Kids” (one of his favorites). After the movie I took him for ice cream. What an amazing day of bonding with my son!

     I got to hear his heart on so many things today about our family. I was able to experience his personality and character like I have never seen before. There is a lot of chatter and business in our house normally, but today it was about him. I really think he felt special! At the end of the night he said, “Mommy you are my best friend.”  Moms, if you have many children or only one, there are multiple things that can distract us from knowing them and investing in them. Take the time today to invest in each one personally. God has many children but He is so personal with each of us! I was the one truly blessed today! I am praying that each of you gets to take these one on one opportunities with your children!

Heavenly Father, thank you for clearing my day and giving me the opportunity to spend one on one time with my son. What an amazing boy he is! We are so blessed to call these children our own. I pray that each mom who reads this blog will be encouraged to take personal time with each child. I pray Lord that you would clear their day, like you did mine, so they can focus on each special gift you have given to each one of these babies. I pray that all distractions be put aside and that they would get to experience the blessing in the hearts of their children.


Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth (1 John 3:18)

But He Himself would often slip away to the wilderness and pray. ( Luke 5:16)

Thoughts to ponder:
Is there something you are doing that could be put off for later so you can spend some time with your little one?

 Try to get a friend or family member to take turns watching one or two of your kids at a time so you can spend one special day with each of them. Schedule days for you and your husband to have some one on one quality time with each child, you just might be amazed at what you may learn!

1 comment:

  1. Aww, what a special day for your little man! I can just feel the joy that the two of you shared that day. Great post!

    ReplyDelete