Friday, June 22, 2012

S.M.H.


This past week has kept me “SMH.” SMH stands for the texting abbreviation for "Shaking my Head…"

SMH so sums up emotion, right?  In parenting, SMH works for so many occasions.  For me, this past week:  I had one child completely disregard my instruction, SMH.  While another child went toe to toe on an opinion laden topic, which reminded me we don’t always have to agree.  SMH
Google image
Then there were the moments for SMH when, I laughed with our youngest until we cried as we did our own version of Hello Dolly in the kitchen with our legs kicking out as if we were auditioning for the Rockettes.

       And finally SMH as I looked at scripture this week.  Some verses that left me SMH include:

I Peter 2: 21 – 23
“For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example that you should follow His steps.  Who committed no sin, nor was deceit found in His Mouth, who when reviled, did not revile in return;
when He suffered,
He did not threaten,
But committed Himself to Him who judges righteously.”
Google image

Psalm 54: 4
“Surely God is my help”

:7 “for He has delivered me from all my troubles.”

Psalm 55: 16
“But I call to God and the Lord saves me,
Evening, morning and noon
I cry out in distress
And He hears my voice.”

:22 “cast your cares on the Lord…”

:23”…But as for me. I trust in you.”

May you too find yourself SMH at the wonder of our Perfect Parent!

Father, as I shake my head today at the wonder of You, may I not get caught up in the disappointments of my own failure as a mom, or a belligerent child, or my flailing attempts to keep up with other moms.  May my focus be on
You and Your goodness which will in turn cause me to
Shake my Head at the Beauty of You!!

No comments:

Post a Comment