Thursday, May 31, 2012

You Are Not Alone

“Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is the Father who is full of mercy and all comfort. He comforts us every time we have trouble, so when others have trouble, we can comfort them with the same comfort God gives us. We share in the many sufferings of Christ. In the same way, much comfort comes to us through Christ. If we have troubles, it is for your comfort and salvation, and if we have comfort, you also have comfort. This helps you to accept patiently the same sufferings we have. Our hope for you is strong, knowing that you share in our sufferings and also in the comfort we receive.” 2 Corinthians 1:3-7

God has allowed me to be in a unique position. One I never thought I would be in…but here I am. I have been mad at God. I have had seriously depressed pity parties. I have cried a million tears. My heart has been shattered and crushed. Yet I am alive, I love my God, my family and friends. I have never felt so loved and cared for. My heart is full and overflowing with God’s love, and appreciation for all that He is doing in my life.


For a season, I am a single mother. God has put this on my heart to share because I have received so much comfort from Him. Comfort that feels like a double portion of His love. I know that I have received that comfort, not to keep it all to myself, but so the Lord can use it to comfort others.

“Dear friends, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal that has come on you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you.” 1Peter 4:12

“Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings.” 1 Peter 5:8-9


I am here to tell those of you who feel like you are alone, stand firm in the faith and know that you are not alone. You have sisters in Christ all around you who are suffering. Don’t let the enemy convince you that you are the only one and that no one will understand. We may not have stories that line up word for word. But we all have mess and we all have a story.

In the beginning of this blog I said that I was in a unique position. I know it is not unique, but it does feel that way because it wasn’t in my plan. Beloved one of God, you are never alone. God is with you. He has also given you a family of believers to come alongside of you and to share with you the comfort that God has given. Let us love you, encourage you, and share some of our double portion of God’s comfort. Be blessed by your God and His children.

“And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. 11 To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen.” 1 Peter 5:10-11



No comments:

Post a Comment