Tuesday, May 8, 2012

As we approach Mother's Day, we reflect on our job as moms, the greatest job in the world! This poem reminds us that amidst our many job descriptions, the most important is the foundation we lay of faith and relationship with Christ. Whether you are a single mom, step mom, foster mom, adopted mom, mom of one or mom of many- you are your child's first glimpse of Christ. The love of Christ compels us and gives us the supernatural strength to do all that we are called to do. The evidence of this love is the very beginning foundation of what we pray will develop in our children to be a solid and unbreakable faith in the One who is love. I pray you will feel cherished this Mother's Day and every day. Blessings from my family to yours.

 

WHY I BELIEVE IN GOD

--MY MOTHER'S UNDYING LOVE By James M. Becher



As we celebrate on this great day
The wonder that is Mom;
Did you ever stop to ask yourself
From whence her love has come?

I've never seen the red sea part
Or gathered manna from above,
Nor watched a dead man's life re-start
But, I've known the miracle of a mother's undying love.

She gave me everything she had,
And wished to give me more.
She gave herself to meet my needs
And never once got sore.

She tried to teach to me the right
And lead me in His way;
And prayed for me with heartfelt tears
The times I went astray.

O' now I know my God is real.
Christ lives within my heart.
But it was my mother's faithful love
Which gave this faith it's start.

So tell me that there is no God.
I'll ask you very plain:
From what other source 'tis possible
My mother's dear love came?

Let every day be Mother's day
And honor her with love;
For surely she's a special gift
Sent down from God above.

No comments:

Post a Comment