Thursday, February 2, 2012

A Time To Worship

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding."

Proverbs 3:5


This has been my kid’s memory verse this week and has been a verse I have repeated every morning for the last several years. Right now my family is in a season where this verse is like water to a thirsty man…we cannot get enough of it.

Early this week my kids had a very difficult night. Their little hearts were broken and there were so many tears, I didn’t know what to do to comfort them so I started singing. My oldest son had been walking around all day singing that his God was mighty to save so that’s exactly what I started singing and they all joined in. We ended up all huddled together in one bed, in a circle singing to our Lord and Savior. We prayed together, we wept together and we worshipped our God together. It was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen or been apart of. A night that started out full of tears and questions ended in hearts full of and overflowing with the love of God.

There is always a time to worship. Whether our hearts are full of joy or broken with sadness. God is our comfort and our peace at all ages.


“I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.”
Psalms 4:8

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Courtney. That is the verse that brought me from darkness to light and is now my life verse. I too say it often.. I am sorry you all are going through a time sadness but rejoicing in your ability to rejoice through it. We will be praying for you! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you, Courtney! If times of testing reveal our character, then you are a rare gem! I love that you live and breathe your faith! Amen sister!

    ReplyDelete