Saturday, February 18, 2012

Words of Wisdom - PART 1

Guide older women into lives of reverence so they end up as neither gossips nor drunks, but models of goodness. By looking at them, the younger women will know how to love their husbands and children, be virtuous and pure, keep a good house, be good wives. - Titus 2:3-5 MSG

It was last Saturday that my mom and I, along with my boys, ventured out to Target. On our way there my mom and I began a discussion that catapulted me into this blog post today. She shared with me wisdom she learned through her seasons of being a mom.  About how different things are now versus when she was raising us girls. Times have changed. I thought for today we would listen in on some wisdom from different moms, what they have gleaned and hope to pass on to you. Sit back, read, and allow the Lord to shine light on your life and where you can relate to these ladies. I pray you enjoy these as much as I have. P.S. My mom, a.k.a Brigid, is the first one to share below!!



"I was blessed as a first-time mom to have experienced moms around me who encouraged and supported me in my mothering. They gently nurtured me as I experienced the ups and downs of motherhood and helped me understand the value of being a stay-at-home mom. Some words of wisdom I've experienced... Cherish every moment you have with your child. Time passes so quickly and the day will come when you look back on those memories. Make the most of the time you have. Enjoy where you are and experience it fully. We are sometimes so anxious for one stage to pass, that we miss the joy in the present. Don't compare your baby or child to any other. Quality moments only happen when we spend a quantity of time with our children. People are more important than things. Don't be fooled into thinking you or your child need more "things" to be happy. Pray for your children daily. Pray, also, for the boys and girls who will one day be their godly mates."
 - Brigid, mom of three, "Mimi" to three grandchildren


"Don't be afraid to admit your mistakes to your children.  It is an excellent example when you apologize for a wrong and seek forgiveness.  Our children don't need to think that we're perfect!  They need to see a real-life journey of faith and trust in the Lord and the growth that brings! "
- Kori, mom of three 


"Enjoy every minute, they grow up so fast. Patience is essential. If you need a break, call someone to help. Even a trip to the grocery store alone will give you a different outlook. When they're small, the problems are small, a deep breath & a quick prayer will help. Allow yourself some alone time. "
- Lin
da, mom of two, grandma of two





"I would say to allow the words to really soak into your heart- THE TIME YOU HAVE WITH YOUR CHILDREN GOES SO FAST! It truly is a blink of an eye before it’s over and on to the next season. Our children are the most precious gift we could ever receive from the Lord!"
 - Suzi, mom of two




"Don't get discouraged by the culture. We can impact the world. God has your kids here, right at this juncture, its not accident. If you are following the Lord, God will often even overlook your sins and bless you because you are seeking to follow him. It's OK to be human. I look at my kids and say, "WOW! Lord, you are so cool!"
-Linda, mom of two, about to be a new grandma in March




"I would encourage mom's of young children to set boundaries at an early age. This will help set standards of Godly principles as it relates to Internet usage, social networking, t.v., dating, etc...as our kids mature into teens. I would also advise moms to learn how to talk WITH---NOT AT---your kids. I have to admit that I often times forget & struggle w/this simple fact. It is such an important element in communicating effectively with your teens."
-Yirsi, mom of two


to be continued next week...Words of Wisdom- Part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment