Thursday, February 9, 2012

Thank Offerings

“Consider this you who forget God, or I will tear you to pieces, with none to rescue: He who sacrifices thank offerings honors me, and he prepares the way so that I may show him the salvation of God.” Psalm 50:22-23

John Maxwell says. “Life is full of unforeseen detours. Circumstances happen which seem to completely cut across our plans. Learn to turn your detours into delights. Treat them as special excursions and learning tours. Don’t fight them or you will never learn their purpose. Enjoy the moments and pretty soon you will be back on track again, probably wiser and stronger because of your little detour.”

Some of our detours are big and some of our detours are small. Regardless of the size we can always offer up thanks to our Lord to honor Him. In the biggest of detours, even though we may have to look hard, we can find something to thank God for.

I was having a difficult time sleeping the other night when I read this verse in Psalms. I was not so sure about the tearing to pieces part but I was reminded to thank God for what I do have and what He has done. I fell asleep giving thanks to my God.

I know that my children have a lot of detours ahead of them in this life. There is no better time to start teaching them to honor God with thank offerings, especially in the “unforeseen detours.”

1 comment:

  1. Great job girl! SO true! There is always something to praise the Lord for! Thanks for the sweet reminder!

    ReplyDelete