Saturday, February 4, 2012

Perfect Peace

You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you! - Isaiah 26:3

I am a worrier by nature. It seems each new day brings a new thing to worry about. I freak out over a situation or circumstance that 90% of the time will probably never happen (My pastor has shared this statistic numerous times.) Since becoming a mom I tend to worry a lot more about things that are completely out of my control....but not HIS. 

So what is it for you right now? Stop. Think. What's the one "worry" consuming your thought life?
Finances? Relationship with husband? Homeschooling? Christian Education? Friendships? Move or stay here? Go back to work or stay home? Health care? Will my test results come back normal? Should I get pregnant again?  Am I a good parent? Is my child "normal"? Will I ever learn how to balance being a wife and mom?



I have a challenge for us. Every time that crazy, wild, worrisome thought comes into our mind,  push pause on life, sit down for 5 minutes & be refreshed by His Word & Spirit. Satan's strategy is to stop the ministry the Lord has laid out for us and turn the focus back onto ourselves. Don't let him win.  When worry comes....turn it around and use it as an opportunity to spend time with Jesus. Watch Him work!


Great peace have they who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble. - Psalm 119:165

And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. - Philippians 4:7

2 comments:

  1. After Pastor Bob's lesson this weekend, I am glad you recognize that we can "turn around our worry" and choose to pray. God really cares about all that concerns us! You are great! Love you friend.

    ReplyDelete