Friday, February 3, 2012

The Good Girl comes Clean



   So here is my opportunity to come clean!  Clean with my personal struggle.  It started with my literal interpretation of peoples words.  My mom insisted on introducing me as "the perfect child."  My three brothers thought the same. I was their "perfect sister."  Thus began my life of trying to meet the expectation of being perfect.

   No it isn't true...but I have been forced to fight this adjective for most of my life.  It is shameful when compared to THE perfect Savior, Jesus.  Thus all the more unattainable and difficult to live up to.

   As I have read the posts of my fellow Parakaleo sisters, I have come to realize many of us have found ourselves co-habitating in the same boat.  We are precariously trying to stay afloat living up to the expectations of others and ourselves.

   I want to introduce you to Emily Freeman (what an appropriate name!)  Her book, Grace for the Good Girl has been on my bedside table, in our van, in the dance studio waiting room, and other places I won't mention, but it is now dog-eared and is being replaced by a case I want to order to give away.

   Until then, enjoy watching the video and meeting Emily at the end of it.  You will also want to visit her blog, Chatting at the Sky.

   Most importantly remember, Ephesians 2: 8 and 9, "It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works , so that no one can boast."






1 comment:

  1. Great blog Joannie! LOVED the video! Thank you for sharing and being so transparent! I can't wait to read that book :)

    ReplyDelete