Friday, February 24, 2012

Good Grief!

      I was reminded this week that grieving doesn’t just have to apply to death.

      My friend has come to the realization that her six year old daughter may have some academic and behavioral delays.  Today she will be seeing her pediatrician for preliminary testing to determine what to do next.

      I’ve walked that path before.  Grieving for what isn’t. Weeping for what won’t be.  I know what its like to think I can try something else. I can make it right, make it better, fix the situation, fix “her.”

II Corinthians 1: 4 “HE comforts us every time we have trouble so when others have trouble, we can comfort them with the same comfort God gives us.”

Matthew 5: 4 “They are blessed who grieve, for God will comfort them.”

     I can’t change my friend’s daughter or mine.  I can share the comfort I have been given.  Better yet God can comfort her.
Image found: Google Images
  Dear Father, please go before my friend and her daughter as they enter the Doctor's office.  Help them to trust you.  To feel and know your peace as never before.  Help them not see her diagnosis as a punishment or an accident.  Please help them to know your comfort.  Give them perspective of your future plans, that they too will be able to comfort others.  Thank you for choosing to be our comfort in the midst of our pain and grief.  We love you Lord!  In Jesus name, Amen!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your transparency and insight, Joannie! You are such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete