Saturday, February 25, 2012

Words of Wisdom - PART 2*





Last Saturday we gleaned from seasoned moms as they shared thoughts on motherhood with us. With many Godly women willing to share their insight, we decided to break it  up into two weeks. Enjoy the following encouragement and allow Him to speak to you through the lives of His people....enjoy!
 
For lack of guidance a nation falls, but many advisers make victory sure.   
- Proverbs 11:14



"I like what Chuck Swindoll shared,  to be careful when you train your child up in the way they should go, that you take into consideration their different personality.  You may have to figure out what gets through to one that may not work well with another.  It is worth taking the time.  And give them opportunity to share their feelings without being afraid that there will be reprisal.  You want to encourage them to communicate with you honestly, so that, as they get older they will be free to share what is going on in their life." 
-Chris, mom of three, grandmother of five




Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed. - Proverbs 15:22








"God has taught me to allow my children to be who God created them to be. They are all so different, and if we aren't careful, we can frustrate or hurt our children by pushing them to be who WE want them to be, rather than letting them follow the bent that God put in their hearts. God impressed upon my heart early on in motherhood to pray for wisdom daily and ask God to direct my children's paths in following their hopes and dreams. Proverbs 3:5,6 was a verse that my mom prayed over me growing up, and in turn, I've prayed that verse for my children over the years. God is faithful!" 
- Jan, mom of three, grandmother of 2




Instill in your children what they can do for others, not what others can do for you. The fruit from that for me has been that my daughter's friends at college can't believe she's an only child. Jesus came to serve, not be served. Matt 20:28
- Patrice, mom of one




Some of the best counsel I EVER received was from a sweet friend, Catherine, who reminded me in times of confusion, to stop and ask the Holy Spirit for wisdom and guidance. How grateful I am for those simple yet profound words I have remembered many days as a mommy. The Lord spoke through her at just the perfect time.





Thank you to all the moms who have ever encouraged another because of lessons learned through trials and testing in your own life. We are all better because of it!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Kate for bringing your words of encouragement to the Parakaleo Blog world!!

    ReplyDelete