Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Road Less Taken






Proverbs 16:9 We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps.

Do you dream and plan big?  I do.  I think about all kinds of things ranging from the kind of home I want one day, to where I would like the kids to go to school, to planning family vacations and much more.  I plan so much so that in my mind I have it all figured out.

You see for some time now I thought eventually I would like the white picket fenced home with the big back yard for our children.  I would like to have the indulgences that make us look pretty on the outside and temporarily feel happy on the inside.  I assumed that what I wanted in terms of education for our children would be easily assessable.  Recently my husband posed this question to me and I will pose it to you “What if that isn’t what God sees for us, or you?  What if God has something else planned?”  WHAT?  That NEVER even crossed my mind.  You mean all these things I always assumed I would have or do, might not happen?  This truth, my dear friends, has taken me some time to digest.

Don't get me wrong, we are not in need.  What I am talking about here are the "splurges" and "big plans".  A way of life that might have taken me to that comfort level where I may not have needed God as much.  So now, to be completely transparent, I am slowly learning to be content in the absence of some things which have helped make me content in the past. I am not assuming anymore we will have something God never promised us.  Instead I have been meditating on what God really wants in my life as a child of God, as a wife, for my children, and now trying to figure out what that REALLY looks like.  

My challenge to you is: will you take a moment and ask God what your life might look like if you really lived everyday for Him.   

My Prayer: Thank you Lord for these ladies reading this, please bless them with your presence.  Thank you for this opportunity to seek your will for our lives.  Please help us Lord to live the life of the road less taken, a life that is radical for Your glory.  Please show us what that looks like.  Please GIve us a mind that reflects your spirit.

Romans 8:5 Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.
Isaiah 55:8 My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts, says the Lord.  And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Great blog, Fran! I too have traveled (and continue to travel) that road of contentment that is so pleasing to the Lord. Thank you for your transparency! Love you!

    ReplyDelete