Saturday, January 5, 2013

Mercies New Each Morning!

The faithful love of the Lord never ends! 
His mercies never cease.
 Great is his faithfulness;
 his mercies begin afresh each morning.
 - Lamentations 3:22-23

This verse is so refreshing as I read it today. It reminds me of truth. Of how God sees me. How He longs for me to see others. With new mercy each day. Each morning the Lord looks at me with fresh eyes and has great hope for my day. Jesus isn't looking at those things I struggled with yesterday, and fearful I will fail in it again today. Christ forgives me for yesterday and throws my sins far into the ocean...

Who is a God like you,
    who pardons sin and forgives the transgression
    of the remnant of his inheritance?
You do not stay angry forever
    but delight to show mercy.
 You will again have compassion on us;
    you will tread our sins underfoot
    and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea.
 - Micah 7:18-19


I want to be a mom like that. I want to let go of my frustration of yesterday and begin anew today. I have to lay my burdens at the feet of Christ, forgive my children for their sins, and move forward. Not dwelling on the past but excited about the future. 

It's a brand new year. It's 2013! Set one goal for yourself as a mom. Put it up somewhere to remind you of hope. Ask someone to hold you accountable to it. Let 2013 be the year you grow closer to Christ and see your children as God sees them!

What is your new "Mom New Year's Resolution?"

Who can you ask to hold you accountable?

Remember to keep looking forward when the enemy reminds you of the past!

No comments:

Post a Comment