Thursday, January 3, 2013

Lift My Eyes Up


“Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.”  Galatians 6:9

 

Over the past several months I have clung to this verse as I trip and fall and get back up again and again on this journey called motherhood.  Sometimes I get so busy looking at my feet that I get all tangled in the branches I missed because my focus is pointed in the wrong directions.  I get focused on the bad attitudes of my kids, their disobedience, and their mess.  Then I get frustrated, tired, and get my own bad attitude. 

 

God continually brings me back to this verse by lifting my eyes up to focus on Him.  He reminds me of the cost of getting weary when it comes to disciplining my children.   I am reminded of how short a time I am given these little ones to nurture their hearts.  I want to choose wisely how I use that time. 

 

Heavenly Father I pray that you would lift our eyes up and focus us on You today.  You are our strength.  You keep us from becoming weary in doing good.  Help us to love like you love.  Draw us near to You God.  

 

Every once in awhile I like to go back into the archives of this blog.  There is a lot of encouragement and wisdom found there. I want to share with you one that encouraged me this week by reminding me to lift my eyes up and focus on the Lord. 

 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment