Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Quieting the Voices in My Head

 Finally, brothers and sisters, 
whatever is true, 
whatever is noble, 
whatever is right, 
whatever is pure, 
whatever is lovely, 
whatever is admirable
—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—
think about such things. 
- Philippians 4:8

Last night, as I painted the kids' bathroom, I listened to a webcast by Lysa Terkeurst called, "Inside Chatter." The whole message was about quieting those negative voices in our minds and remembering truth instead. I think this happens so often in life... especially as a mom. 

Many times we question who we are, what we are doing, and how will others see me. Instead I need to  allow the Lord to define who I am. After all I am now a new creation in Christ. Forgiven. He throws my sin into the depths of the ocean and remembers them no more. Unfortunately we have an enemy that likes to remind us of our past failures with the hopes of stifling ministry the Lord has planned.

A few summers ago, at a pool playdate, a friend shared how she felt like a "failure as a mom." I could SO relate to her feelings, because I too had thought that at times. It was so refreshing to hear another mom express that. At that moment...I knew I was not alone. The Lord allowed me to see the friends He placed around me were ones that were a safe haven to share in. 


Lysa, during the webcast, shared how we need to find at least one friend we can confide in. To quiet the "inside chatter" that goes on in our heard. Satan wants to paralyze us by those polluting thoughts. If we get the courage up to share it with a friend, we allow opportunity for them to stand in the gap and pray for us in this area. As we tell another, it also gives room for encouragement and hope from the friends Christ has placed in our life. 

Do you have a friend you can confide in and pray with?

If not, pray for one. Ask the Lord to bless you with a godly friend who you can grow together with. 

Remember that the "inside chatter" that is negative, condemning, and hopeless is not from the Lover of Your Soul, Jesus, but instead from the enemy who hopes to stifle what God has in store for you.


2 comments:

  1. Wasn't that a great webcast! Love your post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. tracy.rose@healthline.comFebruary 6, 2013 at 12:35 PM

    Hi,

    Healthline is interested in contributing a guest post to parakaleomoms.blogspot.com. We would be open to contributing any blog that would be of interest to your readers. Healthline bloggers have been featured on a variety of sites including:

    Washington Times: http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/tango-mind-and-emotion/2012/aug/10/how-healthy-choices-easy/
    Natural News: http://www.naturalnews.com/036515_diabetes_strawberries_prevention.html
    Patch.com: http://strongsville.patch.com/blog_posts/where-and-what-to-eat-in-cleveland-to-beat-the-winter-blues

    Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you in advance for your consideration.

    Warm Regards,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete