Thursday, January 24, 2013

An Unexpected Package

 
I had such an amazing experience this week.  I want to share it with you even though some of you may think I am crazy.  But first I want to share a little something about myself.  If you were to ask me if I was and introvert or an extrovert, I would tell you I was hands down and introvert.  I recharge in solitude.  Give me several days by myself locked in a room, my Lord and me and I will emerge a new woman recharged and ready to take on the world.  
I can always tell when that needed time is approaching.  It is different than the daily time I get to spend with Jesus.  It is the difference between having a glass of water and a bucket.  Every few months I need the bucket.  I need massive amounts of living water poured into me and over me.  Anyway, that time is here, it is no longer approaching it is upon me. 

What I would normally do is let my husband know, he would take care of the kids and give me the time I needed.  But, he is not able to do that right now.  And as far as getting that help somewhere else it has just not worked out.  So my prayer has been, “Lord I need some time alone with you.  I can’t see how to get that.  You know what I need even better than I do.  Open my eyes.  Make it possible for me to get this time that I need.  Help me!”

Now here is where the amazing experience comes in.  I do some cleaning for a dentist office once a week and this week I was there by myself.  When I clean I download a bunch of sermons and worship songs and listen while I clean.  As I was down on my hands and knees cleaning a toilet the song “You Revive Me” came on.  As I listened I had to stop cleaning and I just sat there next to the toilet and cried. 

As the song was playing I was praying for the Lord to revive me, to supply all I needed.  It then hit me that he was doing just that.  He had given me seven hours of uninterrupted time to spend with just Him.  It was not as I pictured.  There was no bed with my Bible, books, and papers spread all over it for me to study and drink in the Word.  There was no relaxing prayer and meditation happening.  But what was happening was a beautiful thing and so much more than what was expected when I rolled out of bed and threw on my bleach stained sweats that morning.  God was reviving me through His word as I listened to sermons and let the messages wash over me.  I was praising Him as I sang along with Christy Nockels.  I was praying about whatever the Lord put on my heart and I was able to just be quiet and listen as cleaning does not require much use of my brain. 

I still need that time away with the Lord but He did supply me with just enough of that bucket so I will keep for a little while longer without a mental break down.  He is good and once again He has surprised me.  The surprise was not that He knew just what I needed but in how He gave it to me while I was cleaning toilets.  Honestly, what mom would even think to look for any sort of revival there? 
 

Friend, what is it you need that God could possibly be giving you already but you are over looking it because it isn’t coming in the package you expected? 

 

“Many are asking, “Who can show us any good?”  Let the light of your face shine upon us, O Lord.   You have filled my heart with greater joy than when their grain and new wine abound.  I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.”  Psalm 4:6-8
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing my friend! I love hearing how God is walking along side you on this journey. And what a great reminder to all of us to open our eyes to the things He is doing for us that may be packaged differently then we expected! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing, Courtney! Your walk with the Lord is both encouraging and convicting! Love you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete