Saturday, January 12, 2013

Decisions Decisions


Those who love your instructions 
have great peace 
and do not stumble. 
- Psalm 119:165

It was last night, as I drove to my OB/GYN monthly appointment, that I spoke to a friend who lives in another state. Chatting about life with Jesus and the adventure that it brings, we both shared about decisions we needed to make. Ones no one but Jesus could help us decide on. Have you had a decision like that lately? Maybe....

Homeschool vs. Christian School  vs. Public School

Go back to work vs. Stay home

Buy it vs. Wait 

Stay vs. Go

Get pregnant vs. Wait 

Submit vs. Do your own thing

Spend vs. Save

The Bible says that in the multitude of counselors there is wisdom, Proverbs 15:22.  I have found this to be true. Many times I have sought out a seasoned Christian mom for advice on discipline and child rearing, marriage, and friendship. Then there are those times the only One I need to seek for wisdom and guidance, in order to obtain peace, is Jesus. 

Yes many times in my life I wanted a person to give me the "right" answer to my question. I wanted someone else to make the hard choice. Someone I could point to when I questioned if I made the right decision, but honestly ladies there is no human that can give you that peace besides the Lord.

Some of the sweetest times in my walk with Jesus have been when I've gotten alone and seen His Word jump off the page and reveal truth to me. It is that personal relationship where HE speaks when I am listening. Many times we don't quiet ourselves long enough to hear His response. His Word is powerful, with answers to EVERY question you have. Yes EVERY! He is Creator. He is all-knowing. He made you. He knows the best path for you and your family. 

Will you seek Him today? 

Do you have a question needing an answer? 

Get alone with God. 

Open your Bible.

Ask & seek His Holy Spirit for wisdom and direction.

Watch His Word come alive and reveal TRUTH in your life today. 

3 comments: