Sunday, January 20, 2013

Target, Starbucks & Me ....OH MY!

"...those who refresh others 
will themselves be refreshed." 
- Proverbs 11:25


This morning I was definitely hoping for a break from the kids and my husband encouraged me to get out. I was so blessed to have some time to myself. It was really refreshing. I got to window shop at Target and sip an iced Starbucks without any kids crying or arguing. 

I was only gone for a little over an hour but it was so enlightening. As I was meandering through the store, I praised the Lord for how great my family is. I thanked Jesus for my kids and the amazing qualities HE placed within them.  I was so grateful for my sacrificial husband who allowed me to go.

As I pulled back into the driveway I was reminded of just how important it is, as a mom, to get a breather ever once in a while. To have a few minutes to ourself and how so often that causes us to reflect on all the gifts in our life. Time alone allows clearing of the mind and refreshment to our spirit. 

So, have you had a "Target" outing lately? Just you, alone, with room to think and ponder the praiseworthy things in your life.

Do you know someone in need of being refreshed? How can you help make that possible? 

Praise God for your family today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment